It was a disheartening season for the Knicks and their fans, though Walt “Clyde” Frazier did not disappoint. From his dazzling wardrobe, to his splendid rhymes, the Knicks legend gave New Yorkers reason to continue to tune into MSG Network.
In his day, Clyde could “float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.”
Clyde has never been afraid to show off his feminine side with a little pink.
Not many people could pull of this purple ensemble.
Clyde looking dapper in a cream coat and brown polka dot tie with a matching pocket square.
Now for the countdown…
10) The Knicks season was already over, but Clyde still brought it with this searsucker suit and pink tie against the Chicago Bulls on April 13.
9) Sometimes one pocket square is just not enough.
8) Plaid never went out of style for Clyde.
7) Clyde pulled out an old favorite for the Knicks March 3, matchup with the Pistons.
6) Frazier changed it up a bit with this pink and lime green combination.
5) Is there a color that this charismatic commentator cannot pull off?
4) Clyde puts the color in color commentator.
3) Clyde showed off a new addition to his classic leopard outfit; a matching tie.
2) Frazier represented his beloved Knicks with this orange and blue plaid jacket.
1) Frazier’s top look of the season was this lovely orange ensemble. Notice how the boots match the vest and the studded briefcase.
Rookie roommates Clyde Frazier and Phil Jackson were recently reunited with the Knicks organization.
With Dick Barnett
Clyde and Kate Upton
Clyde hosting MSG Network’s New York Knicks Christmas special.
Metta World Peace did what any of us who grew up as Knicks fans would do upon signing with the team; he hugged Clyde.
Top 10 “Clydeisms” of the Season
Statistical breakdown provided by Chi Nwogu of Bloomberg Sports
John Schumann of NBA.com presented some great soundbites on this “best of Clyde” segment.
Clyde’s quote of the season:
Mike Breen was talking about former Los Angeles Laker forward A.C. Green’s iron man streak during the Knicks’ March 23, loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers when Clyde chimed in:
“But A.C. didn’t believe in fornicating, Mike.”
Breen’s reaction was equally entertaining. The Knicks play-by-play man exclaimed, “Goodness gracious Clyde!”
Best quote about Clyde:
Asked @genoauriemma who he’d select if he could coach just one men’s basketball player alltime. His answer? Walt Frazier as a Knick.
— Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) April 11, 2014
Walt “Clyde” Frazier and Russell Westbrook: Fashion Icons
OLD SCHOOL CLYDE
Going around Wilt
Stylin’ and Profilin’
Staring down the Captain